Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Adopt a Single Day not Singles Awareness Day

     I would like to dedicate this post to my 2 valentines.  (Yeah that's right I probably have more than you ;) ) was adopted by a couple to be there valentine, and I'm tickled pink over the love that my friends have shown me.  They wined and dined me (well really just dined me), and we swapped stories from the months spent apart.

     This could be the noodles I ate on Saturday night talking, but I think it is time to start a new holiday.  You've probably heard of Valentine's day being called Singles Awareness Day, but I would like to suggest a change.  Adopt a Single Day.  If you are a dating couple and want to mix up the Valentines routine go out and adopt a single friend.  Show them that you care about them on what can be the loneliest day of the year for some.

    As for my valentines Jared & Joy.  Thank you for remembering me on a day that is not designed for my current relationship status.  Taking me out for dinner and treating me meant a lot and it makes me love and miss you guys more.  I truly treasure your friendship over the years and hope that the rest of your weekend was spent on many adventures.

    If you aren't Jared and/or Joy who have you shown the love to today?  If you are in a couple it's not too late to adopt a single friend.  I don't want to have to get Sarah Mclachlan out here to make a commercial like she does for all of those sad animal adoption commercials.  Go out and love a single person dang it!



1 comment:

  1. This is a really sweet idea! I've already hidden a number of Facebook friends who have decided it's their daily mission to prove to the online world how much they love their significant other, and Valentine's Day tends to magnify it.

    ReplyDelete